This is the last in a mini series to help you prepare for the stormy season ahead across the county. We have talked about warning signs here, about being in a vehicle during the storm here, choosing a room in home here and now, we will conclude with what supplies are in the kit we have for this room.
There are kits you can buy and just "Add water" and food to your liking or you may choose to assemble and personlize your own kit.
- Food for three days for each person
- 1 gallon of water per person - additional water and food for pets
- Small radio - prefer self powered
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- Plastic dishes and silverware
- A blanket per family member
- First Aid Kit
- Cash and blank checks
- A car charger for cell phones
- Medicines and a list of current prescriptions
- Spare sets of keys for each vehicle and home/garage
- Extra change of casual clothes for each family member
- Multi purpose knife
- Additional supplies for children - amusement,snacks
Keep of the kit contents in a water proof container off the floor of the safe room. Make each family member aware of the contents of the kit.
Hoping you will never need it...but being confident if you ever do....it's there for you and your family.
The Hansons are here for every family in southeastern Wisconsin that is selling or buying a home, we are honored to be of service.