"After Care".....It is what we call the services we offer the Buyers and Sellers we have the honor of serving, after the transaction has closed.
Many agents and brokerages offer a "concierge service"...a list of contractors and vendors that can supply everything from carpeting and carpentry to plumbing, landscaping, painting, roofing, snow removal, remodeling, etc. The list may be handed to the Buyer at closing and kept for reference....or lost in the shuffle of closing documents, never to be uncovered again in a time of need.
What about the other needs of a homeowner new to the area ? What are the things that you can do to "make them feel at home" ?
- What day is garbage collection ? Is that a service
you contract or provided by the municipality ?
- How is recycling handled ?
- Disposal of non recycleable items
- Where do I register to vote ? Identification required
- Schedule a Welcome Wagon visit OR design your
own list of services in the area
- Pizza or other food delivery menus
- Schedule for water/sewer bills
- Calendar/Location of community events - parades,
- School Registration times/location
- Urgent care addresses and hours
- Cable services
- Internet providers
- Farmers Market - Place and Dates
- Park and Recreation facilities
There may be other things unique to the area of the Buyers new "home sweet home" that you wish to include. This list is of course for Buyers....Sellers to follow at a later
date....Be a good caretaker....You can be an agent, a lender,
insurance provider....anyone can help the Buyers feel more at home....and be remembered for the service provided.
If you or anyone you know is looking to relocate to or within southeastern Wisconsin...Call the Hansons...we are honored to be of service.